This page (together with the documents expressly referred to on it) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which we provide an online platform for restaurant booking services (Services) via our website at www.capitalcentric.co.uk(our site).
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the supply of our Services to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before placing any bookings via our site. Please note that before placing a booking you will be asked to agree to these Terms.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 13. Every time you wish to use our Services, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the Terms which will apply at that time. These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
Information about us
- We are Season & Vine Limited trading as ‘Book A Menu’, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06493051. Our main trading address is at 48 Warwick Street, Soho, London - W1B 5AW. Our VAT number is GB 975 6117 89.
- To contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or telephone +44(0) 203 790 9423.
- Our site is an online platform through which restaurants and similar venues (Restaurant(s)) can advertise their fixed price meal menus and through which businesses, such as tour operators, can make Restaurant reservations. Our Services are not available to consumers.
- By placing a booking via our site, you enter into a direct contractual relationship with us in our role as intermediary.
- Our website shows details of available bookings and sample or actual menus. If you wish to look into alternative bookings, menus or other arrangements you should contact us by email giving details of your requirements. We will respond to you by email as soon as possible but we cannot guarantee to fulfil any such requests.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or any employment relationship between the parties.
Access to our Site
- You will need to register with us in order to use our Services and our site. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend our Services. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- All Restaurant information appearing on our site is based on the information provided to us by each relevant Restaurant, which has sole responsibility for updating all pricing, sample and actual menus, availability and other relevant Restaurant information via its access to an interface on our site.
- Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our Services, we will not verify and cannot guarantee that all information relating to any Restaurant is accurate, complete and updated.
How the contract is formed between you and us
- Our online, real-time, booking process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your booking to us. Please take the time to read and check your booking at each page of the booking process.
- After you make a booking, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your booking. However, please note that this does not mean that your booking has been accepted. Our acceptance of your booking will take place as described in clause 5.3.
- We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by sending you an email (Email Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Email Confirmation.
- You shall indemnify us against all costs, claims, damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of any claim or action suffered by us in the event that we are held to be acting as your agent in performing our obligations under these Terms or in the event of any breach of these Terms by you.
- You shall be responsible for taking out and maintaining appropriate levels of insurance cover to cover your obligations and liabilities under this these Terms and any Contract and for providing us with evidence of the same immediately upon our request.
- All Restaurant pricing will be as quoted on our site from time to time. All prices are shown per person unless indicated and are displayed inclusive of any VAT. Services charges may or may not be included in the pricing at the discretion of the Restaurant. If a service charge is included in the pricing, it relates only to the food element and not to any extras, such as drinks. If a service charge is not included in the pricing, any service charge is payable to the Restaurant at the entire discretion of the diner and the Restaurant is not entitled to levy any service charge or present a service charge bill. We shall not be liable to you for any service charges paid in error.
- Details of how you pay for Restaurant bookings will be as agreed with you and confirmed in our Email Confirmation. Where, in our absolute discretion, we have given you credit facilities these may be withdrawn by us at any time. We reserve the right (but are not obliged) to suspend our Services to you (which may include suspending your access to our site) and/or charge you interest if you do not pay us on the due date. Interest is charged on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% per annum above The Bank of England's base lending rate from time to time. Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You shall be required to pay the interest together with the overdue amount.
- Restaurant offers, menus and pricing will be set for a defined period and you will be subject to the arrangements as detailed in our Email Confirmation to you. Any sample menus are subject to minor seasonal variations.
- All additional charges incurred at the Restaurant, such as for drinks, must be paid direct to the Restaurant before leaving the venue. Failure to comply with the provisions of this clause shall be regarded as a fundamental breach of these Terms. Such additional charges are subject to a separate contract between the diner and the Restaurant and we shall not be held liable to you or to any third party in respect thereof.
- If you have any queries in relation to your Contract, you should refer them to us. Your Contract is with us and not with you and the Restaurant, so you must deal with us and not the Restaurant. Any contravention of this provision will be regarded as a material breach of these Terms and we may terminate your future right to access and use the site and our Services.
- Our relationship with Restaurants mean that they are required to use their best efforts to ensure that pricing details are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered by the Restaurant onto our system.
- Our site contains information about many Restaurants. It is always possible that some of the Restaurant pricing on our site may be incorrect. If we discover an error in the pricing for the Restaurant you have booked we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing your booking at the correct price or cancelling your booking. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the booking process, we will treat the booking as cancelled and notify you in writing.
- Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, there is no obligation to honour a Restaurant booking at the incorrect (lower) price.
Cancellation, Late Arrivals and No shows
- Once there is a Contract in place you may cancel a Restaurant booking by giving us notice via our online booking system. If your cancellation is received by us less than 36 hours before the time of the Restaurant booking you will not be entitled to any refund of the price. If your cancellation is received by us more than 36 hours before the time of the Restaurant booking, we will refund in full any sums paid by you for that Restaurant booking using the same mode of payment as you used to pay us.
- Refunds will not be provided for any other reason, such as where there is a ‘no show’ (failure to turn up at the Restaurant for a booking) or if there is late arrival (beyond 15 minutes from the scheduled booking time). Please note that a Restaurant is not obliged to honour a booking where arrival is more than 15 minutes after the scheduled booking time.
Acceptable Use Policy
- You may use our site and our Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site or our Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these Terms;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site or Services;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material or violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- The content of our site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. You must keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes (other than as strictly required for you to receive the Services provided by us) any of the materials or content on our website without our prior written consent. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not be entitled to copy, re-badge, frame or link to all or part of our site unless we have agreed in writing on such terms as we shall specify.
- Intellectual property rights mean all intellectual property rights in any part of the world, whether registered or unregistered (and including any application), including copyright, know-how, confidential information, trade secrets, business names and do"main" names, trade marks, service marks, trade names, patents, design rights, database rights and all rights in the nature of unfair competition rights or rights to sue for passing off.
Suspension and termination
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of our site or our Services. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, which may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and/or our Services;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.